Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Report

Beginner's Greek by James Collins. Recommended! Peter and Holly sit next to each other on a plane and feel as if they were meant to be together. Peter, however, loses Holly's number and has no way of getting in touch with her. Of course there would be no book if they didn't find themselves together again...only problem is they're both involved with other people.

To me, one of the most interesting things about this book is that it was written by a man. Okay, maybe I'm being a female chauvinist, but the way he writes about little nuances in behavior and feelings just strikes me as atypical of a guy.


I read young adult titles for work, so I gave The Christopher Killer by Alane Ferguson a try. This is the first in a series in which the teenage daughter of the county coroner teams with her dad to solve mysteries. I wasn't impressed. The blurbs on the cover praise Ferguson's research into forensics, but the writing seemed strained. Save your babysitting money, kids.

No comments: