Friday, August 1, 2008

Thank You!

T h-spo Alphabet Block a N K s-

I wanted to say thanks for all the nice comments about my patchwork skirt. It sure was a pain in the neck to make, but then again, I seem to take a wrong turn with every single thing I sew, so even the easy projects turn into more than I bargained for!

KitKnitty, I agree. Once I put it on, I couldn't even find the mismatched squares. Boy, am I glad I didn't get all particular about them!

Janet, I do set some limits on Miss Isabella--I'll even close the door sometimes--but if she sat on one part of the project, it was easy enough to move to a different part. I'd hate to see what kind of spoiled brats I'd be raising if I had human kids!

Missy, I know just what you mean about thinking in terms of one garment=one garment. Those skirts and pants had been hanging around here for years before I finally thought about cutting them up. Years!

Miriah, Lilly Pulitzer is exactly what I had in mind!

Raiye, Sunny, and Charity, I'll take all the "adorables" I can get!

KLS, I relayed your comment to Isabella, and she said, "Of course I am." (She's a little stuck up.)
Laume, YES you can hem them separately! I did that with a dress I turned into a top. I'd take a pic, but I did a sloppy job and I'd be ashamed for anyone to see it!

Thanks to Solveig at Made By Petchy for linking to the Spell With Flickr site. It pains me to write a post without a picture, so this came in handy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tee hee, that's the reason I love spell with Flickr too ;)