Finally! The experiment is complete! Remember the bag cloning I was working on? I'm calling it the Dolly Bag in honor of the first cloned sheep. Here is the finished bag, made from the fabric my friend supplied. Took me long enough!
The bag is reversible, should she find herself in a pink paisley mood.
In order to make it reversible, I needed some sort of closure that wasn't specific to one side or the other. It was hard to tell how the original bag closed, but it involved a loop, so I took that and ran with it.
Making it reversible also required some hand stitching, which I tried to do as neatly as possible.
I promise I'll eventually make up a tutorial for sewing this bag! I actually started one with this bag, but the light was bad, I was in a rush to get this done, etc. Setting in that bottom is going to be tricky no matter what, but I'll give you all the info I can to make it easier.