Saturday, April 10, 2010
Big Red Bowl
Okay, the read-a-thon is at its mid-point. I have to admit, I'm doing terribly. This wasn't the best of days, so I spent a few hours crying on my husband's shoulder instead of reading. But I'm not giving up! I got out all my frustrations at the gym, and I am now armed with the big red bowl of popcorn (for dinner!).
This is the midway meme from the book-a-thon site:
1. What are you reading right now? STILL the same book! I am very close to finishing, though.
2. How many books have you read so far? Um...see above.
3. What book are you looking forward to for the second half of the read-a-thon? I think I need something light and fluffy, so I'm going to go for Sweater Quest next.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? It wasn't possible. I had to work.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not interruptions, exactly. It was a very emotional day at work, though, and it gave me a headache. It went away at the gym.
6. What suprises you most about the read-a-thon so far? The complexity of some of the mini-challenges!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the read-a-thon next year? Not yet.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Hope it falls on a day I don't have to work and try harder not to get sucked into visiting other blogs.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I'm just starting!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers of Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nothing that I can think of...I think a lot of us are used to reading for hours and hours!