Thursday, September 16, 2010

Self-Stitchin' is My Game

I thought I'd lead off with the nicer photo today, because it's dreary and grey, and there's no hope of getting a sharp, clear pic of the outfit. This bracelet came from a yard sale years ago. It's marked "V B Sterling Denmark," and I paid next to nothing for it, either fifty cents or three dollars, but I don't remember which! VB stands for Volmer Bahner and this leaf design was one of his oft-used motifs.

Sweater, Spenser Jeremy via thrift shop
Skirt, self-stitched
Shoes, Ecco
Bracelet, vintage via yard sale

This skirt is just one of my New Look 6843 a-lines made from a mod print I got at Gaffney's. This is a good transition skirt, because the colors aren't too summery and it's a heavier weight fabric. Earlier in the summer, I lightened things up with a bright red tee, but I've also worn it Align Centerwith long sleeves in colder weather.
And now...I have a three day weekend! The Self-Stitched outfits will continue on Monday, hopefully with a few NEW things thrown in!

2 comments:

Sherry from Alabama said...

I'm enjoying the pics of your skirts so much. I love printed skirts and they make up the majority of my closet. That bracelet is beautiful too. What a find!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Anonymous said...

Love that bracelet. I went back to your skirt last spring and saw those wonderful red shoes again. I usually wear printed skirts and plain tops too. You can never have too many skirts - that's my motto, too.

Linda