Monday, February 14, 2011

Lovely

I'm a little late to the party with this, but if I missed it, chances are others have missed it too. If you enjoy fashion or sewing or France or even just beautiful things, you should cozy up in bed one night and watch Signe Chanel. It's a mini-series that follows one of Karl Lagerfeld's 2004 collections for Chanel from sketch to catwalk. I enjoyed other fashion documentaries like Valentino: The Last Emperor and The September Issue, but I was downright enchanted by this one. I could watch the Chanel seamstresses pin and stitch and drape all day. There is one scene in Episode Two where a seamstress is just smoothing out a piece of panne velvet, and it's amazing to watch.

To watch, go to You Tube and search Signe Chanel. There are five episodes, each broken into four parts. Watch out, it's addicting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was awesome!
Robyn

Denise said...

I really liked that they showed all the "little people" I especially enjoyed the braid lady. What a character! And the episode where they showed how they do the beadwork was really interesting as well.