Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scrap Experiment


Remember the piece of fabric with the iron-on vinyl that I cut to the wrong size? I finally got around to trying my hand at sewing it into a little cosmetic pouch! The basic idea of sewing a zippered pouch didn't seem too difficult, but I ran across this tutorial for a zippered pouch with a lining, and a lining seemed like a good idea, so those are the instructions I used.


Oooh, I like the lining! It gives it a really finished look. Sewing on the vinyl was fine, but turning the bag right side out left it all scrunched up and mangled looking. Luckily, the peel-off backing from the vinyl was still in my trashcan, so I laid that on top and ironed it.


Does anyone else think Norwegian Hand Formula is the best hand lotion in the world? No matter what else I try, I like it best.

No comments: