Thursday, November 6, 2008

Christmas Already?

Ordinarily, I would be ignoring the approach of Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but sometimes you have to strike while the iron's hot. I found all these cuties at the thrift shop today.


First I spotted this happy mushroom man from Germany. I almost dislocated my shoulder reaching for him. I love him.


Then I saw these three. Aren't the flowers in the sleigh funny? I couldn't resist the little girl's pigtails or the way she's perched on the star, even if she is missing a hand. No one will notice that when she's on the tree.



I thought the parenthetical (East) was pretty neat too.



Oh, and look at the bambina all tucked in her bed. She's from Italy.

And finally this guy from Japan. He has a bit of a shoe problem, but I think I can take care of that. That face!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Adorable! I love funky ornaments. And I saw you nautical apron on the CRAFT magazine blog! That should be some excellent etsy publicity.

becca

Darling Petunia said...

Wow, I didn't know that! How cool!

Anonymous said...

You have the BEST Christmas stuff!!

Anonymous said...

I love your christmas bits the japanese one looks a bit like Big Ears to me, you know Noddy's friend!

Darling Petunia said...

Janey, you're right, it does look much like Big Ears! Even the same unique body shape, hehe.