Friday, January 9, 2009

Bye, Christmas


--sigh-- It's time to take the decorations down. Epiphany has passed. Russian Orthodox Christmas has passed. I have no more excuses. But before I do, one more look.

I had nowhere to hide Miss Wilma Pinny during the festivities, so I dressed her up for the party, too!


My flowers looked nice for two weeks! That was $16 well spent.


I'll miss the glow of the tree at night.


And all my favorite ornaments.



(Isabella will have to find a new place to hang out, too.)


My mom used to take the Christmas tree down while I was at school. I'd get home and smell that "pine needles in the vacuum" smell and know right away what had happened. I'd always be a little sad. Still am.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, this is sad. I can't bring myself to do it here yet.

Darling Petunia said...

Paula, I'm still not done. I need a bright sunny day to finish up so I won't feel so glum.