Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nice People

There must be something in the air, because two awards have landed on my doorstep recently. I'm a real pain about these things, because I don't pass them along, but I would like to say thank you to the lovely ladies who recognized me.


First, from Occasional Martha, is this Sisterhood Award. That's an especially sweet sentiment, don't you think? One of the major reasons I write this blog is because I felt a connection to so many other bloggers and just had to join in. If you've never visited Occasional Martha, I urge you to give it a look. It has a little of this and a little of that, and a big dash of quirky! Check out this hairstyle if you're looking for a unique look or take a gander at a teetering stack of pancakes.



This next award comes from Julie of High Fiber Content. Julie has one of those blogs that I read even though her talents make me feel inadequate! She quilts, she beads, she sketches. I mean, look at this! The little blurb that came with this award reads in part:

This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.


Thank you both. I'm touched that you thought of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your lovely and kind post! You made my day with your warm fuzzy words!
And no worries about not passing the award along! I didn't expect you would (I remember this from a previous post, that you don't do that) that was not my intent in nominating you. I listed your blog on my nomination list because I love your blog and I wanted to share it with my friends.
I look forward to reading DP every day :)