Monday, April 6, 2009

Bookity Book Book Book

Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M.C. Beaton- I've been reading the Agatha Raisins for a while now, and I think I skipped over one, but for some reason I felt like reading a Christmas book. Probably because there's always so much going on during the Christmas season. This way I got to feel Christmasy, but without any stress!

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult- When Jodi P. started with the medical-theme books, I was glad, because it was a change. It's not new anymore, though, and I'm kind of getting tired of them. I peeked at the Amazon reviews, and I'm not alone. Oh well, it wasn't terrible.




Welcome to the Departure Lounge: Adventures in Mothering Mother by Meg Federico- This one I really liked. It's funny, it's tragic, and it's very honest. Watch the interview at her website for an idea of what it's like.






The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher- This is one of those books everyone says you HAVE TO read. I have to admit, they're right. I put it off for a long, long time, but I'm glad I finally gave it a go.

Stolen Figs and Other Adventures in Calabria by Mark Rotella- This book was Conde Nast's Top Travel Book of the Year a few years ago, but I don't know that it would be all that interesting unless you're planning a trip to Italy.

---Side note: I came across World Hum's Top 30 Travel Books when I went googling for Mark Rotella. They look like some good suggestions!---

For the Love of Mike by Rhys Bowen- I think I'm starting to like the Molly Murphy mysteries better than the Evan Evans series. This one was especially good. I really recommend these.

Almost Green: How I Saved 1/6th of a Billionth of the Planet by James Glave- When I spotted this at the library, one word jumped out at me from the inside flap: culdesactivist. I thought there was going to be more about rallying the neighbors to be eco-conscious (there is some of that), but the book focuses on Glave's quest to build a super-eco-friendly studio in his yard. I have to admit, it left me feeling like my bottle refilling and bag reusing is maybe a touch inadequate, but it was interesting. Of course, now I want my own beautiful eco-shed. Sigh.


Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton- When I found this book on the shelf at the library, I was surprised to see we'd had it since December. Why hadn't I noticed it before? Or had I read the flap and rejected it already? Nope, I just never noticed it. Hmm. Too bad, because I could have been spreading the word all this time--it's a very good book! Sandi's blog is also a good read. Check out this post for a taste!





And I have one more to talk about, but I'm going to save it for now, because I think it should have its own post. And pictures. Hmm, what could it be?

No comments: