Thursday, May 21, 2009

Library Love


Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am. I get to take home all these wonderful books, new dvd releases, Playaways, cds...for free. Free! And if there's something my library doesn't have, they'll get it for me...for free. Free! As they say, max out your library card, not your credit card!

I could go on about how much I love the library, but that would get boring. My reason for bringing it up today is because our libraries in Pennsylvania could be in trouble due to proposed funding cuts. More people than ever are depending on libraries right now, so this would be a disaster. If you live in Pennsylvania, you can contact a Senator, Representative, or Governor to express your concerns. If you live elsewhere, I urge you to stay on top of what's happening with your own state's funding. We need our libraries.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Our library is already cutting hours - the branch closest to me isn't open on Sunday any more, and is open until 8 one fewer weeknight than it used to be.

I get annoyed every time I go into B & N - they expect me to pay for this stuff when I can borrow it from the library for nothing LOL? Especially since nothing I read is appealing to me lately - dunno if it's me or the authors I read.

Megan Nordheim said...

Maybe I should give the downtown branch a try. The branch nearest my house looks like a dumping ground for all the books no one wants to read.