Sunday, June 7, 2009

Clearing the Air

I never really expected to find myself straddling the toilet in order to take a picture for my blog, but I wanted to share one of my little indulgences.

I also never expected to be discussing bathroom odors on my blog, but what the heck. It's a fact of life.

I learned about lighting a match to dispel bathroom odors from my Grandma. She had a little shell shaped ashtray on the back of her commode with a tiny gold box of matches nestled inside. That always seemed like a much more elegant solution than spraying some sort of cloying air freshener.

One Christmas, I was looking for stocking stuffers for my husband and came across incense matches. I found someone selling them on ebay for a reasonable price and ordered six different scents. Well, by the end of Christmas Day, I had to order more, because everyone who saw them wanted a pack.

Just in case you're thinking of trying them, my favorite scents are patchouli and French vanilla. Bayberry is pretty nice too. Sandalwood, rain, and frankincense didn't do it for me. I'm thinking I might try some berry scents in my next order.

4 comments:

--ginger. said...

Okay, I've been liking your blog for some time, but now I'm officially committed. Best post ever. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they made those matches anymore. I haven't seen them in a store in years. My friends used to have a lake cabin and a gift store up there sold them. I always bought a bunch when we were up there. Loved them!
They always worked great without giving me a coughing attack!
Mags

Darling Petunia said...

WHEW! I'm so relieved that someone commented! I was thinking, "You've really done it now...you've talked about bathroom odors and driven everyone away!" hee!

anosh said...

Furniture Moving Company
What things can be in place? Of Werl Hetseb شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف
Jadah Furniture Buying Figures We're a manufacturer of services.
شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
Company tops the excellence on the awareness of the large transport business, which achieve the best level of transport services that confirm that the furniture is moving from one place to another without getting any problem of the most important services provided below