Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Borders and Backs


What? You didn't really think I was throwing in the towel, did you? I've come this far, I'm not quitting now! But Care, bless her soul, is already at basting, so I need to get it in gear!

.
.
Adding the border went off without a hitch. In fact, it was so uneventful, I was done before I thought to take pictures! As for that crooked spot I was upset about, two seconds with the rotary cutter and ruler took care of that!
I'm not completely finished piecing the back, but I'm working on it! It was funny to read "Here's what you should have left over from our original cutting" and then compare it to what I actually had left over. Between some bum cuts and the unusable blocks, I had all sorts of scraps to choose from. For this step, I used my old cutting mat, rather than hauling out the big one. I felt so...so...confined! Care is right, I'll never go back!

My strips, all lined up like soldiers, waiting to be sewn together.

Zipping all 26 pieces together went really quickly, but I started to feel nostalgic for chain piecing. (Listen to me, throwing quilt lingo around as is I know what I'm doing!)

And there you have it! My goal for tonight is to finish up with the back, leaving me only ONE step behind! But for now...off to the gym!

2 comments:

Care said...

But what fabric did you use for borders????? :o)

Darling Petunia said...

The pink leopard! RAWWWRRRR!