Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sinking to a New Low


I'm sorry for assailing your eyes with this picture--it should probably have a warning for explicit content! The cabinet under the kitchen sink was probably the messiest spot in our house, so it seemed like a good place to start the Great Clean Up of 2011. Mostly I just tried to stay out of that hole entirely, but if I really needed something, I'd kind of peek in there and hope it was near the front. There were many times when I would run upstairs for a bottle of Windex rather than reach into the murky depths of that cabinet.

I asked my husband if he would tackle the job of cleaning it up, and he did a GREAT job. He took everything out, sorted it, combined some things, and relocated others. Much better. He gets all the credit for doing the dirty work. I love you, Ger Bear. --smooches--

This is where I swooped in and took over. Now, I don't normally run out and spend money on things like this, but I thought some new containers could improve the area even more. That Rubbermaid bin on the left is my new favorite thing. Can you guess why?

It sliiiiiiides. No more reaching into the back of the cabinet and knocking things over in the process. Just sliiiiiide it out and sliiiiiiiide it back. Smoooooth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I LOVE the sliding! I've got to get me some of those! nice job!

Krista said...

I can't get over the fact that this was the dirtiest spot in your house. Do you do home visits?

Paula Jo @ Garden Accents | Garden Decor said...

I have a container under my sink which helps, but hey, now I want the sliding kind. I guess I have some shopping to do. It was so nice that your hubby helped you.

Anonymous said...

That's what I need. We have done cardboard boxes - yucky. They get full of unrelated junk and then water might get on the bottom and then the boxes fall apart, etc., maybe with greenish  something on the bottom and on the containers.

I'll go look for the Rubbermaid Containers on payday.

Linda