Saturday, February 4, 2012

Found Object


As a break from No-Thing New, how about a look at something repurposed? 

I had been trying to figure out what to do with my husband's collection of colognes to make them easily accessible yet contained and neat.  He didn't want them stuck in the bathroom closet, and I didn't want to look at them scattered all over the top of the dresser.  Decorating magazines often show trays used for this sort of thing, and I started to picture something like a John Derian decoupaged tray.  I figured I'd pick something up at the thrift shop and decoupage it myself with old book pages and clip art.  Then, during one of my clutter-busting binges, I came across this cigar box.  I bought it at a yard sale years ago, but never had a use for it.  It was almost tossed onto the donate pile when I thought WAIT!  Maybe I can use that! 


It was just the thing!  Everything fits, Ger can see what he has, and I can easily move it aside for dusting.  Um, err...okay, I don't dust all that often, but when I do?  It's great!

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Aren't you smart! Wonderful idea that I'm adopting. Thanks!

Christy said...

I love that. So cool!!