Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All Aboard! Field Trip!

Last weekend, my mom asked if I was interested in a trip to Jomar. As if I'm going to pass up a store with a slogan like that! Jomar is one of the best places to go in the Philadelphia area for discount fabrics. Truly, madly, deeply discounted fabrics.

As in one and two dollar fabrics. Piles of them.

Aisles of them.

Who wouldn't want to get their hands on that? Sure, some of it is horrid, but that's part of the fun--mom at one end, me at the other, stopping ever so often to say, "Eww, what IS this?" and then the triumphant cry, "Ooh, I'm getting this!"

I didn't get this. I should have. $4/yard.

How cute is that? I notice it says "Kidz ONLY" but my mom grabbed a couple of pieces from there. She's a brat.


See what I mean?

Another successful fabric shopping foray. I'll show you what I got tomorrow!

8 comments:

dude said...

call me next time!!!
I have no one to enable my fabric hoarding.

Darling Petunia said...

Renee, you have to do this Lemon thing first! Then we'll arrange something.

dude said...

but, once she's out she'll be a pain in the ass! LOL!
it's much easier to have fun now

julie k said...

weeee! sounds like lots of fun! can't wait to see what you got.

Anonymous said...

You find the neatest places!! I love the expression on your mom's face. She looks like a kid getting away with something!!!

So, what didja get?? Do we get pictures?

Mags

langevoort said...

You two look so cute together shopping!! I want that pic of your mom with her tongue out....lmao. So funny!

jamjar said...

Oh my, what a fantastic place, I could create a serious stash pile from there.

Anonymous said...

thank you soooooooooooo much for telling me about Jomar. I had never heard of it and I live about 1 hour away from Philly. Last weekend I convinced my husband to drive me there and lost my fabric loving mind..50 cents a yard fire sale. I have so much fabric and i had to stop myself.... because the store was closing at 7pm!!! Now I have another place to buy uneeded fabric and people who understand why i need to buy fabric i may not sew for years.