Friday, May 16, 2008

Three Cheers for Rain















Today when I woke up, I heard rain on the roof, and cars splashing as they drove by. After a bit of a wallow, wishing I could stay cozy in bed instead of going out into the grey gloom, I realized I was happy about the rain. You see, this year we bought a share in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). A few weeks ago, we heard from the farmer who runs the CSA, and he mentioned that some rain would be welcome. Ever since then, I've been watching the weather almost as if I'm a farmer myself. It sounds really sappy, but I guess that's the point: We're shareholders in the farm now, so it matters to us. Already, even before picking up our first share, we feel an involvement with where our food is coming from. I kind of like that.

No comments: