Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pay It Forward-Part Two


One of the fabric stores I go to will occasionally have a bin of samples for sale. These swatches were originally stapled into groups of four, one of each color, and each bundle was a mere twenty-five cents! I had visions of making a tropical patchwork and sewing it into a tote bag.




I guess that could still happen, minus a few squares. Once I finished the first clutch , I was anxious to start another, and my gaze landed on this green. It isn't a shy handbag, but hopefully its recipient will have fun with it!



One thing I didn't plan on was the fabric having some stretch. It made lining up the openings a little tricky for me, and it took me a few tries to get it right. A better sewer would probably have no trouble at all, but I panic whenever stretch is involved!
.
.
Hmm, what to do with the rest of the samples. I still think it would be neat to do some kind of patchwork. Maybe I could do it in strips, and use it as a border along the bottom of a skirt. What ideas do you have?

No comments: