Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bias Bliss


I've been meaning to do a post about printed bias tape. Yes, I know I can make bias tape out of any fabric I want, but there's just something about finding a package of ready-made tape. That's how you know you're a sewing geek, by the way. If you get all giddy at the sight above? Geek.

Here are some examples from the late 70s and early 80s. I broke open the brown dots to use on a skirt facing. None of those make me go weak in the knees, but they're fun for a little touch here and there.

Now this...this one I love. I purchased a precious meter of this in a shop in Spain. I didn't exactly know how to sew at the time, so I only got that little bit.


These aren't exactly bias tape, but a little ironing will take care of that. Check out those strawberries! Flashback to my childhood!


And finally, the cutest bias tape I ever did see. I will never open these; they are just for gazing at, as they are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so a Geek! LOL I have a collection of bias tape too. Whenever I find it it makes my day.

Tess
Teach Only Love
Be Only Love

Darling Petunia said...

Tess is a bias tape geek! Tess is a bias tape geek!

--ginger. said...

apparently, I am a total geek because I sort of squealed on the inside.