Monday, August 9, 2010

Fantastic Plastic

On the post about my strawberry necklace, someone left a comment about costume jewelry. Almost every piece of jewelry I own is costume jewelry, so I thought I'd do a little series about some of the things I have tucked away.

These are all vintage plastic pins that I picked up at yard sales for pennies. I don't wear them as much as I used to, but I'm still delighted by them when I spread them all out for a look. The cow jumping over the moon used to be my favorite, but now I think the anchor appeals to me the most. Funny that I have all those dogs and not one cat! Red, of course, figures prominently. That's been a consistent favorite for me through the years.

Which one do you like best? How would you wear it?

4 comments:

Indigo Blue said...

I like the red one with the box.

Michelle said...

What is the one bottom right? It looks like a ribbon with binoculars (?) underneath.

I pretty much only wear costume jewellery, too. Once my apartment was broken into and some "jewellery" was taken but dumped outside in the garden. When I had to write up for the police what was taken it was: "gold" earrings, "pearl" earrings, etc. Actually quite good to have things that aren't worth stealing!

Anonymous said...

I am torn between the scotty dog and the pelican like bird. Very cool items! Now I want to go looking for cool costume stuff!

Darling Petunia said...

Michelle, yep, those are binoculars!