Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Brother's Idea

I've officially begun a new year at Wardrobe Refashion. I've taken my pledge, reread the rules, and now I officially feel guilty. Yes, I've fallen off the wagon over the past few months and haven't posted my Get Out of Jail cards. I keep meaning to, but....


So what happened? I wanted corduroys. I found one pair, in green, but was having no luck with black or grey. The constant disappointment was wearing on me. I went to JC Penney. I bought the cords.


Then there are the sweaters. The short-sleeved sweater I'd found at the thrift shop had whetted my appetite for more. On our trip to Ireland, I again succumbed to temptation. Throw in a gift certificate I received to a local department store, and I not only fell off the wagon, but I think it rolled over me a few times for good measure.

It's cute though, isn't it? Okay okay, let me get this over with:

This brings us to my first (tiny) refashion of 2010! My brother lives near some wonderful thrift shops with bargain bins, and he brought along this Dublin tee on Christmas Day. When he showed it to me, I commented on how small it was. "I'm not going to fit in THAT!" I said. And do you know what he said? He suggested I cut out the design and sew it to something else. My brother. It's a pretty common refashion, sure, but coming from my brother?


So of course I had to do it. I decided to go with the claddagh part only, even though Dublin does rock, and I just sewed it onto a hoodie with invisible thread and a zigzag stich.

So, just a small refashion, nothing much, but a little tribute to my brother! Thanks, David!

No comments: