The fifth skirt I worked on this week was this embellished khaki skirt from Target. When I bought it at the thrift shop, it was a wrinkled mess, just like the picture. I figured it just needed a good ironing, and it would be good to go. Wrong. The front pleat defied ironing. I think I wore it one time, then decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Since then, I've noticed this same skirt on the rack of many a thrift shop, so my theory is that everyone had the same experience. It's just a pain in the tush, this skirt!
My solution was to sew that front pleat closed. I lined up those stripes, zipped in a seam, and fixed the hem back up. If I turn the whole thing around and wear the seam in the back, it looks like it was meant to be!